Monday 25 July 2011

Another Jeziorki sunset


It's that time of day again... After two hours of sitting by the computer translating legal texts into English, I need to stretch my legs. The sun is setting (25 minutes earlier than on the longest day); by 20:40, I ought to be by the tracks to catch the magic. Out with the bicycle. At the end of the road, I await the moment when that vast thermonuclear reaction that give us life, 93 million miles distant, touches the horizon.

Above: the Radom train passes the setting sun. Time to contemplate the Eternal, and our place within it. I wish I were by the sea...

"I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying."

[Sea Fever, John Masefield, 1902]

It's been four years since my toes last dipped in the sea...

This time last year:
Biological roots of determination?

This time two years ago:
Another summer sunset

This time four years ago:
Rural suburbias: ideal place to live?

No comments: