Wednesday 2 January 2008

Winter train

[Anoraks' caption:] Polish Fablok-built diesel shunter SM42 321 hauling a single freight wagon southbound between W-wa Dawidy and W-wa Jeziorki. Most likely headed for the rampa na kruszywo, rather than for the coal siding at Konstancin-Jeziorna. [Caption for the rest of my readers] Another light dusting of snow has fallen on Warsaw. This morning it was -5C. Past the end of ul. Trombity, where the railway line cuts ul. Kórnicka, an engine pulls a solitary wagon through a wintry landscape. The snow scene, trees and train puts me in mind of Jan Lenica's illustrations from Julian Tuwim's poem Lokomotywa - I shall make it a quest to replicate them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture.
Regards Michał Dębiński

Aphelion said...

That's a very nice picture indeed; I'm looking forward to more of your future "Lokomotywa series". I'm sure they will be great as well!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Impressive levels of anorakism there.