Tuesday 26 February 2008

Three weeks into Lent

Twenty one days gone, 25 to go... The body's got used to the diet. Sit ups - sticking to 90 (two lots of 45 today). Weight - four pounds/two kilos gone after three weeks of rigour (down to 11 st 7 lbs/73.2 kg) - same as I weighed when I left university all those years ago.

This week I have been eating mostly spinach, dried cranberries (oh dear - the ingredients list 48% added sugar!), brazil nuts, bananas, tofu, mixed bean sprouts, mushrooms.

I confess to having listened to the whole of Across 110th Street by Bobby Womack on Radio TokFM this morning. A politician had failed to turn up on time to the studio, so they played this piece - so rare and so excellent that I could not bear to switch the radio off. Otherwise no TV, music, computer games, etc. Or alcohol, caffeine, meat, dairy products, fish, added salt, salt snacks, fast foods etc. Thursday marks the half-way point.

No comments: