Wednesday 23 July 2008

Shepherd's delight?

Eddie ran in just after twenty to nine. "Quickly! Get the camera! Look at the sky!" The result - taken from my bedroom window, is the reddest, most spectacular post-sunset sky I've yet blogged. Another pic worth clicking on to enlarge, then staring at and meditating. Incidentally, nothing tweaked on Photoshop. This is the raw data straight from the camera. Compare to this sunrise, photographed in November, along with an analysis of this hoary English saying. Shepherd's delight? We'll see in the morning.

Morning update: I awoke to a dismal rainy morning. So the saying does not hold true here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. It was incredible. I didn't have my camera, but I've felt, that the best pic I'll find here=) But that's not all.The "full rainbow" has been seen in the east at the same time!

Michael Dembinski said...

Damn! I missed the rainbow!