Sunday 21 March 2010

A stirring sight

With the thermometer reading +14C as I woke up, I felt that wonderful surge of spring optimism and flung open the windows. I noticed in the distance a quartet of swans wheeling around. They are back! The sight sends shivers down my spine. A most excellent sight.

The two photos on the left show the swans flying over ul. Sarabandy, the photo on the right shows them circling the pond on ul. Pozytywki. My guess is that given the fact that the wetlands and reed beds at the end of ul. Trombity are still frozen, they are looking for alternative stretches of open water on which to land.

Four swans...? I guess that two of them are young adults, born in Jeziorki last summer or the summer before.

2 comments:

Ryszard Wasilewski said...

Let us hope that they know what they're doing.

Anonymous said...

You are very lucky to have swans. I was just noticing your swan photos from years past and thinking the same thing. Now they're back!