Thursday 8 December 2011

Boring.

Boring. Black SUV, with darkened rear windows. Huge auto for dragging lazy torso into the city centre, to proclaim - "BEHOLD, I AM SOMEONE, LOOK AT ME AND BE IMPRESSED AT MY STATUS!." Trouble is, every other bugger has the same idea.


Boring.

Boring.

Boring.

Boring.

Tedious.

Deathly boring.

Boring.

Boring.

Boring. What is this place? Moscow?!?

Boring.

Boring. Get out of town!

Boring.

Boring. Zzzzzzz.

Boring.


Yaaaaawn. Totalny brak wyobrażni. If you need to take the hay bales down to the lower paddock or drive piglets to the market, and you have a muddy lane from your farm to the main road to cross, then yes - you need one of these. If you live in  Ursynów and simply want to drive each day to your central Warsaw office, then you are as anti-social as a farting smoker in a crowded lift.

This time last year:
Atonement

This time four years ago:
Where I'm from, and why

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That cheered me up :)

Anonymous said...

Is it because they're black or because they're 4x4s or the two together?

Michael Dembinski said...

@ Anon - it's the two together - coupled with the DARKENED REAR WINDOWS... I mean, why not buy a van if you want to inflict darkness upon your passengers! It's SOOOOOOO mindlessly unoriginal. Hey! Look at me! I've got money... So I'm trying to look like everyone else who's got money!

student SGH said...

Not just boring. Ugly! And many people who drive those car lack skills necessary to drive bigger cars - look how they are parked...

I think I've once shared the observation that puzzlingly many such cars are driven by young (aged less than 35) women

Michael Dembinski said...

@ Bartek,

I too noticed a disproportionate number of younger women at the wheel. They'll tell you they feel safer sat up high in a massive vehicle. Why not drive a eight-wheel drive dumper truck? And by the same logic - white is a much safer colour than black!